Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Top 10: Learning

I have learned many things in the last 2 weeks. Here are 10:

1) I don't know as much about the Bible as I thought I did.
2) I learned that there were 3 men who doted on King David after he was kicked out and did everything in their power to be closer to him. (2 Samuel 23: 13-17.) We need to be like that with Christ.
3) There was a man named Shammah who fought off an army just to protect his peas. (2 Samuel 23: 11-12.)
4) My pastor is an amazing teacher and I just want to learn more from his teaching. (I've known this for a while but thought I'd add it because I keep thinking this after every sermon/lesson he teaches. The 2 above are this and last weeks youth lessons.)
5) I have an awesome family and not so many people are as blessed as I am.
6) I need to be more of a lighthouse and shine so people know I live for God alone.
7) My church family here is amazing. They have welcomed my family like we've been coming for years. My pastor is super, his wife is awesome, and their kids are so sweet!
8) When Madagascar 3 comes out, I pretty much have no choice but to see it and make my pastor come over and watch it.
9) I need to trust God more.
10) I have so much more I need to learn. From the Bible and in my life.

My family is rich. But not because we have a lot of money. We are rich because we have made a choice to live for Christ. By living for Him, we have more than we can every ask for.

Here are the 4 things about Shammah from the lesson:
1) He had purpose.
2) He defended his ground.
3) He won the battle.
4) God got the glory.

We need to be like Shammah and here are the 4 for Christian's:
1) We have a purpose, which is is to tell others about Christ and live a life glorifying to Him.
2) We need to stand up for Him, even when no one else is, or we feel like no one is.
3) We can't win every battle, but we can win some.
4) We WILL give God all the glory, no matter what. God gets the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment