Pages

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Shocking, Yet Not All Surprising...

A couple weeks ago, my pastor stated that God's plans are not always our plans. Sometimes God chooses to change the direction we're going, and, sometimes, He doesn't give us the heads up first.

This morning's service at church was unlike any other church service I've ever been to. It was going pretty normal. It was a Canada day service, plus I was in nursery with 2 other ladies and 5 little kids.

After the last song, we thought the service was over. Little did we know, Pastor was going to be making an announcement. We were confused as to what he was going to say. There was nothing in the bulletin about a special announcement.

Pastor started speaking about when he first became pastor of the church 5 years ago. I didn't really catch most of what he said. All I remember is one of the sentences he spoke which made everyone gasp and freeze: "I am resigning as pastor here."

My pastor resigned! To say I was shocked when he said this is an understatement. I was beyond shocked. I couldn't understand it. This was not something I was prepared for, nor was anybody else in the church. I just stood in the nursery doorway, watching the other 2 ladies I was with, and fighting the tears that eventually spilled down my cheeks.

My pastor and his family are wonderful He's an awesome teacher, his wife is amazing, and their kids are the sweetest. They will still be at church for another 4 weeks, which takes us to the end of July. After that, nobody knows what will happen...

When my family was driving home though, I remembered what he said a few weeks ago. God has other plans. We may think we're somewhere where we're comfortable and have no plans on moving, but God says, "Wait a minute. I have other things for you to do."

God does that. We're happy with our lifestyle. Everything is going fine. Our life seems perfect. But it really isn't.

I've learned a lot from my pastor's teaching. I think I've learned more today, though, seeing it all play out. It's not something he wants, but God is giving him no choice in the matter.

He can choose to disobey God, but he won't, because he knows God has a plan. That plan may be anything in the world. From just staying in the town, or moving far away to be a pastor somewhere else.

Whatever happens, though, I'm glad that I can keep in touch with them through Facebook and email.

Whatever it is, though, God will show them. He's big enough to move a mountain, He's big enough to show His plan.

If there's anything I've learned in the last year, it's that God will make any situation that we don't understand at the time, easy to understand in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment